Monday, January 13, 2014

Nail Clipping Time


Another job that needs doing regularly is nail clipping.  About once a month or so I think.  This one is in the hubby department.  He's much better at the hands on stuff than me.  I'm good at the researching and daily care stuff, and he's looking after the catching for cuddle time and nail clipping, amongst other jobs.  The kids are doing a good job of helping with an assortment of jobs, and love to sit and play a little - feeding them hay and sometimes a sprig of mint or parsley. 

Anyway - back to today's topic.  I'd been thinking about taking them to the grooming place at the pet store where they do nail clipping, but hubby thought he'd give it a go and did a marvellous job with some cooperative and not so cooperative guinea pigs. 


They also had their weekly weigh and we started a weight chart to record this.  Being prey animals they hide sickness well so a weekly weight record is important as this can be a sign of something amiss.  

Cheers, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Around The Cage - January

Hi I'm Cinnamon - I'm heading to our rest area to visit my friend Mitty.  Can you spot her there?  She's a little shy and lik...